Italy is a fascinating country that is known for its cutting edge fashion, beautifully designed supercars, and delicious food.
While Ferraris and Gucci bags may be beyond most people’s reach, Italian food is accessible and easy to make.
One simple and tasty Italian dish is the Caprese Salad Sandwich. To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients and kitchen equipment:
- One ciabatta loaf
- One large tomato
- Bunch of fresh basil leaves
- One ball of mozzarella cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sharp chef’s knife
- Serrated knife
- Cutting board
- Cookie sheet
This hearty sandwich will take about 15 minutes to prepare.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, place ciabatta bread on a cookie sheet, and warm for five minutes.
- Wash the basil and tomato with water and dry with a paper towel.
- Place the tomato on the cutting board. Using the chef’s knife, cut the tomato into 1/4” slices.
- Place the mozzarella cheese on the cutting board and cut into 1/4” slices.
- Place the bunch of basil on the cutting board and use the chef’s knife to remove the stems.
- Remove bread from the oven, place on the counter, and allow to cool at least 5 minutes for easy slicing.
- Using the serrated knife, cut a 3” piece from the loaf then cut the bread in half to form two sandwich slices. Put bread on a plate to start constructing the sandwich.
- Place tomato slices on the bottom piece of ciabatta bread and season with salt and pepper.
- Layer the basil leaves on top of the tomato and drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the mozzarella cheese slices and place the top piece of ciabatta on the sandwich.
This Caprese Salad Sandwich is a taste of Italy that you can enjoy for lunch, dinner, and parties.
Frederick J. Goodall is the Editor-in-Chief of Mocha Man Style, media spokesperson, event host, photographer, and a top social media influencer in Houston, TX. He likes to write about fashion, cars, travel, and health.